Today’s conference prediction will center on the new Big Ten alignment. Again, this is not what I project the actual records to be, it’s an approximation of the talent level a team has. In short, it’s a non-formalized power rating system that tries to guess future results.
Without further adieu, the Big Ten for 2011…
Notes to point out….
- Looks as if we might get a Nebraska-Ohio State B10 title game, but Iowa and Wisconsin look to contend as well.
- While the Leaders division has the two best teams, the Legends division has a somewhat more balanced look to it.
- 10 teams out of the 12 have the talent to post winning records this year.
- Michigan State might have won a share of the Big Ten crown, but I project them to finish 3rd in the Legends division.
- Michigan, well, is still going to be down, although that comes as no surprise to anyone.